ii 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-07-2011, 06:41 PM #1
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

How did you find TechLifeForum?
Share your stories here, this is part experimental, and part to get to know background information about some of our members :)

NO links to other websites please if you came from another forum that we are in competition with or another site similar. Just state that you found us from a link on another forum. Posts in here still abide by the rules thread.

Lets see where some of our members come from! Might be interesting to see and also form a better community bond as well between fellow members

~Ace

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-07-2011, 07:23 PM #2

RE: How did you find TechLifeForum?
(10-07-2011, 06:41 PM)Ace Wrote:  NO links to other websites please if you came from another forum
I hate to hear that.

Until now I have been carrying TLF link in my signature on the forum of which I am from. Your statement above has just removed that link from my signature. You can't expect others to advertise TLF on other sites and forbid them to post links here.

10-07-2011, 08:09 PM #3
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

I kind of agree (sorry Ace :D).

I don't think any harm is done by telling what forum someone came from. Hopefully we are doing a enough job to keep members even if they do come across other sites. Clifford you're from W7forums right?

As most of you probably know I left SF to create this forum. Ace thankfully came with me to help or we certainly wouldn't be where we're at today. I've been an active member at HF and SF... and now TLF is the only place I am active. I am always looking for good coding communities to be part of but they are terribly hard to come across. I really like our section here.

10-07-2011, 08:38 PM #4
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

I found it from a thread by KoBE in the .NET section of HF. Though "Why not", ended up loving it Both Thumbs Up

10-07-2011, 10:52 PM #5
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

I didn't expect anyone to advertise for the forum, I put it out there as an option to get an award if someone wanted to help me out with advertising when i went around doing that.

Quote:You can't expect others to advertise TLF on other sites and forbid them to post links here

This "expectation" is more of an option. If people help us out i'm grateful, but I don't bend the rules to conform to things that would be against the rules by word. If that was a habit, the rules wouldn't be taken seriously in my opinion. No expectation though, and i've never told someone they need to advertise for us, I provide the initiative for people to try and help out, and they do on their own will. I'm a reasonable person, and those that have helped out and asked me about it or provided proof do get what I posted as their reward.

It's basically like choosing whether or not to go to that one last house on halloween, if you do, you get the reward, and if not, you still probably hit other houses along the way but you chose not to go after that last house.

It's on our rules, and forums that don't have the same rules shouldn't have to be set by the same standard as our forum. Linking isn't the same as saying the website in plain non-redirectable text. We set the rules here a lot longer than I created this thread, and I stick by the TLF rules like glue.

It probably won't do that much of a dis-service for others posting other websites here, but they don't have to be in link format.

Again - The expectation is not there for others to advertise for us, it's for members to follow the rules set in place. Those that did help out, i've shown my appreciation and gratitude on a personal level, but saying that, it's their choice as to what they do. Your choice to what you do with your signature even, and whether you remove it or keep it, i'm not going to be disheartened for you doing so, it's your choice, and optional. I give my respect, but I respect the reverse as well, because I can't make decisions for others, all I can do here is re-enforce our standards on this forum. Now everyone should understand that in the least.

If you were mad at any way i've stated it, then sorry you feel that way. I still have to somewhat stick to the rules here, they've been changed too many times before and bent into many different directions to the point where some rules in that thread I created almost are a bit disformed.

If you're from google (pretending Google is a standalone competitive website) Then you can say you are with Google, you don't have to put it as I came from http://www.google.com
This post was last modified: 10-07-2011, 11:16 PM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-08-2011, 08:38 AM #6
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

I found out by a thread on HF i just registered and didn't post or do anything until i was asked to come here by KoBE himself then i went in a quest to make TLF popular by asking my HF friends to come and add TLF link in my signature in sites and keep the site alive by posting a lot and post funny stuff :)
(10-07-2011, 08:38 PM)Ghoster Wrote:  I found it from a thread by KoBE in the .NET section of HF. Though "Why not", ended up loving it Both Thumbs Up

Lol and you became one of TLF most popular members Wink2
This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 08:44 AM by Sam Baker.
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

10-08-2011, 06:53 PM #7
BusyBeePC

Got an email from reboot.pro telling me to check it out! NormalSmile

10-08-2011, 08:49 PM #8
Deltron

Through you and KoBE from Support Forums.

10-09-2011, 01:29 AM #9
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(10-08-2011, 06:53 PM)BusyBeePC Wrote:  Got an email from reboot.pro telling me to check it out! NormalSmile

I enjoy that forum :) I found it as a very knowledgable place to go to when I first found it, I think I found it through google.

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-09-2011, 04:40 AM #10
Nuno Brito
Team Reboot
Team Reboot

Quote:when I first found it, I think I found it through google.
I remember that time. Ace registers and posts a tool out of the blue on the forum. I lost some time trying to figure out if he was a spammer or what.. Laugh

But no, he was a legitimate coder on a quest to promote TLF.. Both Thumbs Up
This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 04:41 AM by Nuno Brito.
Want to help TLF? Place tech.reboot.pro on your signature around the web. Let's help TLF grow! :)

ii