View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Weird message the past few days

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11-14-2011, 11:41 PM #1
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Weird message the past few days
I'm too lazy to post a picture, but kaspersky keeps popping up with this every once in awhile.

Network attack Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.helkern:
UDP from 124.239.195.131 to local port 1434, Blocked.
The attacking computer has not been blocked, its address is possibly spoofed.

The ip's are always different, once it was actually close to my ip. (First 2 sets of numbers matched mine)

11-15-2011, 11:59 AM #2
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

RE: Weird message the past few days
From what I know that is an old my sql server exploit. If you dont use that port (1434) just close it and tell kaspersky to shut up.

11-21-2011, 01:41 PM #3
Predator
Staff
Moderators

At first i was assuming it was a unsuccessful dos , but i guess not :p

Closing the port, will post if anything else happens :p

11-21-2011, 03:38 PM #4
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

(11-21-2011, 01:41 PM)PredatorFtFw Wrote:  At first i was assuming it was a unsuccessful dos , but i guess not :p

Closing the port, will post if anything else happens :p
Well if you close the port, nothing can get through it. It'll definitely solve the problem.

11-22-2011, 07:27 AM #5
Styx
Meow

Let me know if you need anything checked.

11-22-2011, 07:36 AM #6
BreShiE
Knowledge Is Power

To me, that sounds like you're infected with a DDoS tool, something like this: [link removed]

The host who has you infected is trying to use you to attack another IP to cause DoS.

As I use this program myself, it'll probably be FUD, if you allow me on your teamviewer I can help you find the root of the problem and remove it.

EDIT: The port 1434 is the port of which the client is listening on, where you're connecting to. Blocking the port will stop the problem, so good luck! :D

Another Edit: I've just googled a little, and found out this is very, VERY common with kapersky. Although I don't really know what causes it, it seems everyone with Kapersky gets this message, and frequently. Same port and name, but not always the same IP. So I'm not sure what to do to be honest, sorry.

I can still check your computer for you if you like.
This post was last modified: 11-22-2011, 03:53 PM by AceInfinity.

"It was pretty impressive to watch a missile fly down an air vent, but couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people?"

11-25-2011, 11:55 PM #7
Predator
Staff
Moderators

(11-22-2011, 07:36 AM)BreShiE Wrote:  To me, that sounds like you're infected with a DDoS tool, something like this: [link removed]

The host who has you infected is trying to use you to attack another IP to cause DoS.

As I use this program myself, it'll probably be FUD, if you allow me on your teamviewer I can help you find the root of the problem and remove it.

EDIT: The port 1434 is the port of which the client is listening on, where you're connecting to. Blocking the port will stop the problem, so good luck! :D

Another Edit: I've just googled a little, and found out this is very, VERY common with kapersky. Although I don't really know what causes it, it seems everyone with Kapersky gets this message, and frequently. Same port and name, but not always the same IP. So I'm not sure what to do to be honest, sorry.

I can still check your computer for you if you like.
I haven't downloaded anything that could remotely be fishy, so I'll block the port, and see what happens. Iv been using kapersky for 2 years now, this particular version for almost a year (Internet Security 2011) and never seen it before. Lol

01-02-2013, 06:12 AM #8
Adriana

I have used Kaspersky in the past but I never got any weird message from it. If you say you are using it for such a long time, I guess you're not on the trial version. Don't they have a support system? From what I know they even have a live chat and you can talk to someone on their team, maybe they can tell you why the message keeps popping up.