08-21-2012, 06:57 PM #21
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: Advice For Becoming A Good Programmer
(08-21-2012, 08:59 AM)uoɥʇʎɟ Wrote:  Don't Copy And Paste

-------
i agree with u,but cpoy paste is not bad,copy paste.but read codes line by line,try to understand that all codes,

excuse for my english :D

You have to read the context in which I wrote to explain all of the bolded points. I explain why in my opinion it is bad, and for most people that copy and paste they don't try to learn, they only see if it works from my experience with lots of people :)

Even people I try to help on MSDN, and even after I explain my code, i'm finding that I have to reference them to what I've posted within that post containing the code I've provided them to specifically reply to a question that should have already been answered if they read my post, and not only just tried to use my code.

The main reason for why I don't like people copying and pasting things though. You don't learn. It takes a while of typing code out on YOUR OWN, before you get used to the syntax in which you actually write the code in. If you're not doing this, then you're not learning. Pasting things out completely bypasses the need to type and learn the syntax firsthand.

You can read all the books you want on programming, but with absolutely everything in programming, you don't learn hardly anything until you're actually doing it on your own.
This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲