Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
[Mozilla Firefox] Malware Search Add-on [Google Chrome]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

02-25-2012, 02:36 PM #1
Vexna

Bug  [Mozilla Firefox] Malware Search Add-on [Google Chrome]
This extension adds a menu item to the context menu that you get when you right click. It is available for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome only. This plugin was based on LeoSearch and GoonMenu. This project is from MyGeek Computer Services. How to use this Add-on? Easy. Just highlight text, right click, go to "Malware Search", and select the section you wish to search. The results will open in a new tab. It is very helpful and you will really appreciate it when you will have to analyze a log.
  • Currently supported sites:
    • SystemLookup
    • Bleeping Computer

• ThreatExpert

• Whois
    • Process Library

• TuxMaster's Malware Search
    • MS Malware Protection Center
    • Web Of Trust

• HpHosts
  • Screenshots:

• Compatibility
    • Mozilla Firefox - v3 and above
    • Google Chrome - v6 and above
  • Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome download links:
If you want to contact them for any reason, you can do it by clicking 'here'.

Vexna,

This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 02:37 PM by Vexna.
Practice makes perfect, things hardly attained, are long retained.

02-25-2012, 02:40 PM #2
Lee Stevens

RE: [Mozilla Firefox] Malware Search Add-on [Google Chrome]
Woooow that's cool, makes it easy for me i have to check whois all the time doing SEO buying links, domains etc.

02-25-2012, 02:41 PM #3
Vexna

(02-25-2012, 02:40 PM)Lee Stevens Wrote:  Woooow that's cool, makes it easy for me i have to check whois all the time doing SEO buying links, domains etc.

Yes, it is very easy. Gone are the days when you had to open a new tab to search yourself on Google.

02-25-2012, 02:44 PM #4
Lee Stevens

Do you make a lot of custom Add ons for FireFox?

02-25-2012, 02:50 PM #5
Vexna

(02-25-2012, 02:44 PM)Lee Stevens Wrote:  Do you make a lot of custom Add ons for FireFox?

I wish. But I am not the coder, this Add-on is from 'MyGeek Computer Services' as stated above. NormalSmile

02-25-2012, 03:08 PM #6
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

This is a cool addon. Some of those sites are kind of junky, though. I've visited a few for basic process name lookups and no matter what it is, loads of people will say "VIRUS DO NOT RUN!!" or "bad, virus, trojan."; and the process is marked as bad because of those people.
This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 03:09 PM by Ghoster.

02-25-2012, 03:13 PM #7
Vexna

(02-25-2012, 03:08 PM)Ghoster Wrote:  This is a cool addon. Some of those sites are kind of junky, though. I've visited a few for basic process name lookups and no matter what it is, loads of people will say "VIRUS DO NOT RUN!!" or "bad, virus, trojan."; and the process is marked as bad because of those people.

Yes but website like Process Library are very useful.

02-25-2012, 09:53 PM #8
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

I made a basic addon once, but I was discouraged to dedicate my time to it after spending a month on a full firefox theme when 3.5 was still out, then Firefox went to 4.0, and I upgraded it, and then 5.0 and rapidly up to now 13.0... I gave up, it was just senseless. I would have spent more time fixing the compatibility than making things better for it. I believe they have slowed down now, but if you want to get into the mix, you should develop for at least v12 right off the bat, that way the official version can sneak up to 13 after time, and your addon would have had much time to go through bug-fixes and other crucial development updates.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

02-25-2012, 10:00 PM #9
Vexna

(02-25-2012, 09:53 PM)AceInfinity Wrote:  I made a basic addon once, but I was discouraged to dedicate my time to it after spending a month on a full firefox theme when 3.5 was still out, then Firefox went to 4.0, and I upgraded it, and then 5.0 and rapidly up to now 13.0... I gave up, it was just senseless. I would have spent more time fixing the compatibility than making things better for it. I believe they have slowed down now, but if you want to get into the mix, you should develop for at least v12 right off the bat, that way the official version can sneak up to 13 after time, and your addon would have had much time to go through bug-fixes and other crucial development updates.

Yes, it is true. Many awesome Add-ons are no longer available with new versions and coders are too annoyed, too tired to update them, it is unfortunate. But it will always be like that you can not stop progress.

02-25-2012, 10:03 PM #10
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

If you need an upgraded addon compatible, just ask me, it's litterally just about as easy as changing the MyBB plugin compatibility. It's just a packed and compressed xpi DEFLATE archive. But you'd want to edit the install/manifest file? I can't remember what it's called.... I'm off to watch UFC 141 though, be back in about 30 to an hour. :)
This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 10:03 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲