View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Portal

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-05-2013, 03:57 PM #11
Epixors
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。
TLF Coders

RE: Portal
What would be nice is if we could select what forum to show up in the big part, like if I want to see the latest Web Dev posts by default I could see those, and have a view of most recent overall at the left. Would be the only reason for me to use such a thing.
This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM by Epixors.

02-11-2013, 06:29 PM #12
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

Alright, so I've had some time to revisit this.. and I've figured out how to know which threads are showing up.

It turns out we can set which threads show up via the ACP. The wording on this option though is pretty misleading in my opinion.

Needless to say, we can set which forums posts will show up there. I've set it to include pretty much everything except for the Off-topic section.

So, as of now it should show the most recent threads from everything but that section. I don't have time to do it now, but I could make a UCP setting that would allow you to select which forums you'd like to see.

Another addition I've added is: If a thread is super long (it checks for (> 10 <br />'s) or (> 830 characters)) it will only show a portion of it and allow the user to click (Show More) to show the rest of that post. Show more turns into show less and also allows them to revert it to the way it was before. Thanks Adriana for that idea.
This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM by KoBE.

02-11-2013, 07:18 PM #13
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

(02-11-2013, 06:29 PM)KoBE Wrote:  Alright, so I've had some time to revisit this.. and I've figured out how to know which threads are showing up.

It turns out we can set which threads show up via the ACP. The wording on this option though is pretty misleading in my opinion.

Needless to say, we can set which forums posts will show up there. I've set it to include pretty much everything except for the Off-topic section.

So, as of now it should show the most recent threads from everything but that section. I don't have time to do it now, but I could make a UCP setting that would allow you to select which forums you'd like to see.

Another addition I've added is: If a thread is super long (it checks for (> 10 <br />'s) or (> 830 characters)) it will only show a portion of it and allow the user to click (Show More) to show the rest of that post. Show more turns into show less and also allows them to revert it to the way it was before. Thanks Adriana for that idea.

Could be perhaps why I wasn't aware we had that kind of option either haha. Are you talking about a forum plugin for the UCP addition though?

Wow, it looks really good though. I like it a lot :)

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

02-11-2013, 07:24 PM #14
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

For the UCP it'd have to be a small plugin to allow them to select which forums they want. At least I can't think of another way to allow them to change and save that setting. That is relatively simple since I have experience doing this already. The hardest part would be to decide how to let them select multiples (dynamic list box maybe).

Then all we'd have to do is mod portal.php to use the new setting.
This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM by KoBE.