Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
MAC vs. Windows

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-08-2013, 04:37 AM #1
Adriana

MAC vs. Windows
There are a lot of people saying that MAC is a lot better than Windows. Do you agree? 

They say it's more secure, you can do a lot more on it when it comes to graphic design and, best of all, no blue screen (although I don't think they "make" blue screens anymore for newer versions of Windows).

What do you think?

01-08-2013, 04:54 AM #2
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: MAC vs. Windows
I would say no for more reasons than just the fact that I don't like the way it works. But both from a core level and practicality... They have good portable products, but Microsoft is more developed on the desktop side of things. Macs are also way overpriced and it wouldn't make sense practicality in the business world for that reason along with the reason that you would be out of place; everyone in the business world uses Windows. I'll keep my opinion though lol. I'd have more to say but typing on this device is slow since I'm not even using the typecover

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

01-08-2013, 10:14 AM #3
Epixors
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。
TLF Coders

Haven't ever really used it so I can't form a good opinion but I might as well give my input. The thing that (in my opinion) gives Windows the clear advantage is simply the amount of software being made for it and already made. There are tons and tons of applications for Windows, which already gives an "advantage".

Surely the design of Mac is nice, but with software/tools for Windows like RocketDock, Rainmeter you can create almost the same thing, and much more.

Your point about graphic design, it's just about the software. Lots of the big graphic design software is made for both Windows, Mac and sometimes other OSs.

Also Windows 8 still has a BSOD, but a  little bit more friendly. http://www.nordic-vikings.net/wp-content...9/BSOD.png

01-08-2013, 11:38 AM #4
Crystalii

For the moment, Windows is a better alternative in my personal opinion. Windows is much more supported in by the community and market than Mac. This means more softwares like Epixors said. However, Mac computers have a much better exterior design than Windows computers. Even the Operative System itself looks way better than Windows. It is true that Mac is safer than Windows, but not because it has less vulnerabilities. It is because Windows have alot of users, which means more viruses and harmful softwares. Mac is a bit more restricted though. 

Since Windows 8 lost the desktop feeling, and looks more like an OS for touch screens, I think Mac will get a few more users. Eventually more and more will go over to Mac because they want a desktop, not a tablet. However one flaw is that Mac is way too overpriced. You get the same hardware on Windows for less than half of the money you spent for the Mac. If they would lower the price, I think many people would go over to Mac.
This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM by Crystalii.

01-08-2013, 08:30 PM #5
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

(01-08-2013, 11:38 AM)Crystalii Wrote:  For the moment, Windows is a better alternative in my personal opinion. Windows is much more supported in by the community and market than Mac. This means more softwares like Epixors said. However, Mac computers have a much better exterior design than Windows computers. Even the Operative System itself looks way better than Windows. It is true that Mac is safer than Windows, but not because it has less vulnerabilities. It is because Windows have alot of users, which means more viruses and harmful softwares. Mac is a bit more restricted though. 

Since Windows 8 lost the desktop feeling, and looks more like an OS for touch screens, I think Mac will get a few more users. Eventually more and more will go over to Mac because they want a desktop, not a tablet. However one flaw is that Mac is way too overpriced. You get the same hardware on Windows for less than half of the money you spent for the Mac. If they would lower the price, I think many people would go over to Mac.

I wouldn't agree.. There's some people who still couldn't migrate over to Mac because of the software requirements and various other things. And no, Windows 8 still has a functional desktop, and I think it's more functional than previous Windows versions. People who haven't had enough time with Windows 8 only get the idea that there's the app view and that's it though because that's all Microsoft promotes.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

01-08-2013, 09:49 PM #6
Predator
Staff
Moderators

If you're going to be the "Flashy" person, but a mac.

If you want power, affordability, and a reasonable price go with Windows.

Honestly, most apple products are like a Lamborghini, they're nice to show off with, but theres always a cheaper, just as if not better functioning alternative.

01-09-2013, 03:43 AM #7
Adriana

I used MAC a bit a while ago but since I haven't used it on a regular basis, I can't say for sure which is better. Right now I'll definitely stick to Windows because it's affordable. 
The only thing I like about MAC is the design, it looks so elegant. I haven't had the chance to 'know' it better. 
@Predator: love your comparison. I always say that if I were a millionaire, I'd still go for the cheap, small, reliable car rather than a flashy one BigGrin

01-29-2014, 07:30 PM #8
Helynoise

In my opinion apple stuff is just for people that are all about design and looks.

It might sound really weird, but most people I know that use apple are either arts students, gay, really fashion-conscious or just weird^^

Windows is still the most effective OS when it comes to being productive.

sry