• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-13-2013, 08:21 AM #11
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: Mega Computer Security Compilation
(01-13-2013, 08:13 AM)0x69 Wrote:  
(01-13-2013, 08:04 AM)AceInfinity Wrote:  Patches? source code's to them? If by unofficial you mean something from someone with knowledge of the source code came up with then I would assume so, under the following conditions:

- It doesn't expose any hints as to what the secure Windows source code looks like
- It isn't going to be used at a later date as an official Windows patch

But that's almost impossible to achieve, as a patch will almost indefinitely expose what is being patched, and how it works as a patch would also expose how the rest of the code works more likely than not.

It's better to not assume things though so I don't get into trouble by assuming something that they frown upon :) Unless I ask them specifically and they give me the "Ok", that's about the only time I can do something. Otherwise I can use it in whatever way I want as far as I know. I just can't disclose any information on it.

I signed my NDA Jan. 1st, 2012 (last year), and so it's been in effect for just barely over a year now. If you have access to anything secure by some company this is common though. All companies have some kind of NDA if they have some product or even an idea that they don't want you sharing with others...

Well, people reverse engineer even official patches.
I was asking because it would be nice to have patches for all those pesky, undesirable features Windows come pre-loaded with.

It's possible, but you'll only get the instructions, not the actual source code back as after compilation in C/C++, the original source code is gone and all that's left is the stuff that can be interpreted as Assembly. In .NET, decompiled stuff can be accurately shown as it's MSIL form, which can give good hints as to how the actual C# or VB.NET code for example, looked like before it was compiled the first time.

Quote:I was asking because it would be nice to have patches for all those pesky, undesirable features Windows come pre-loaded with.

Ahhh... You may be interested in this community of smart members then as well :)

Here: http://tech.reboot.pro/showthread.php?ti...1#pid29191 (You'll get more information in that thread, and a link)

Hidden:

This is what that community does, they create bootable Windows PE's, and modify them to be as small as they can make them, or depending on what the intention is, with only the tools that they want on their Windows PE
This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 08:22 AM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

01-13-2013, 10:41 AM #12
0x69
Unregistered

UPDATE:

- Made thread more visually appeasing.
- Better organized information.
- Added spoilers! ( ;-; )
- Lots more information added.
- Added licensing information for VMWare and Sandboxie.
- Added Chromium to browsers.
- Added a tutorial for setting up your own personal firewall.
- Alphabetized sections.
- Added Anti-keyloggers and Malware Removal.

Edit: 385 lines of text! ; u ;

01-14-2013, 12:26 PM #13
Adriana

0x, awesome compilation Happy2 
I personally don't use that much 'protection' but it's good to at least know how to protect yourself, just in case you need to one day. I'm the only one using mt PC so I don't need the anti-keylogging and I don't protect my HDD from weirdos, my firewall is on and I try not to slip Tongue2

01-15-2013, 07:49 PM #14
0x69
Unregistered

Updates:

- Added OS + AV Sections.
- Fixed a few grammatical errors.

Lines - 436 (Without line-break)
Characters - 19891

01-15-2013, 08:24 PM #15
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

This is a good list so far :)

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲