Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
New Computer

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04-05-2013, 05:20 PM #11
Crystalii

RE: New Computer
I know it is hard to imagine, but trust me, the difference of a click really differs lots for lazy people. I mean in the past you just pressed the Windows button, then wrote anything you wanted then "Enter" and it popped up. Now you have to point ur mouse to the bottom right corner, and wait a second till the menu shows up, then press Search, then click if you want to open a "File", then write your stuff.

04-05-2013, 05:40 PM #12
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

I know what you're saying. It just doesn't bother me I guess. Win+C brings it up instantly. Win+F brings up File Search.

There are some keyboard shortcuts that are available that can speed things up. In all honesty though, I think once people are adapted to the new way of doing it. Over time they will become used to it and quicker.

04-05-2013, 05:55 PM #13
Crystalii

I guess your right, we need to give it some time. I'll continue to be on Windows 8 though, so yeah.. Hopefully I'll adapt to it cheers

04-05-2013, 06:39 PM #14
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

(04-05-2013, 04:35 PM)Crystalii Wrote:  Oh I did not know that, sorry for the misinformation Dubbio

But there is a new limitation to the Search function in general:

In the past, you could search among pictures, movies, apps, and all together. Now you will have to choose if you want to search among apps, files or settings. Takes some more time for lazy people like me, but yeah not that big limitation.

Eh, it's not really a limitation to me... Windows 7 never had apps, so if you compare the search in both OS's... Really it would be the Windows 8 search, but without the Apps category (which allows you to have the Files/Settings category as the default results), as you only had the equivalent of Settings and Files before Windows 8. These are exactly like the Windows 7 search when combined, but if you click on the file search, you have the option to search specific locations, so I would say it's less limited than Windows 7.

One thing you guys will like is the Win+X menu. (*Or move your mouse to the bottom left and instead of left clicking to open the Start menu, right click)
This post was last modified: 04-05-2013, 06:41 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

04-05-2013, 06:56 PM #15
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

Eh just try to keep up with the new generations
The PC market is really slow now that i can really sum it up for you in few lines haha
CPU :
Intel have haswell in the way to take the crown from current 3d generation iSeries (ivy bridge) with promised smaller manufacturing process which will lead to less power draw.
AMD have no new CPU's this year maybe new APU's and that's it, and an x64 ARM CPU is in the making for servers

GPU :
Nvidia no new chips staying with last year chips because we are cheap f**ks
AMD no new chips staying with last year chips because we are cheap f**ks
etc etc
and the only active market is the accessories one, really sad to see the PC market dieing like that.
So believe me you are not missing much, but if you are really wanna get into PC hardware then our friend from the always happy people land (Ace don't kick me!) Linus from canada of course haha will be your best pick.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

04-05-2013, 07:14 PM #16
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

(04-05-2013, 06:56 PM)Hell Wrote:  Eh just try to keep up with the new generations
The PC market is really slow now that i can really sum it up for you in few lines haha
CPU :
Intel have haswell in the way to take the crown from current 3d generation iSeries (ivy bridge) with promised smaller manufacturing process which will lead to less power draw.
AMD have no new CPU's this year maybe new APU's and that's it, and an x64 ARM CPU is in the making for servers

GPU :
Nvidia no new chips staying with last year chips because we are cheap f**ks
AMD no new chips staying with last year chips because we are cheap f**ks
etc etc
and the only active market is the accessories one, really sad to see the PC market dieing like that.
So believe me you are not missing much, but if you are really wanna get into PC hardware then our friend from the always happy people land (Ace don't kick me!) Linus from canada of course haha will be your best pick.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

04-05-2013, 08:40 PM #17
Crystalii

(04-05-2013, 06:39 PM)AceInfinity Wrote:  One thing you guys will like is the Win+X menu. (*Or move your mouse to the bottom left and instead of left clicking to open the Start menu, right click)

Thanks for the info, that will be very handy !

04-06-2013, 12:15 AM #18
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

Actually, Based on recent tests, Windows 8 was going steady at first, but the growth of this OS at this point in the game when compared to other OS's is actually now under what Vista was at this point in the market. Windows 8 was higher than all for the first while, but apparently is now at a lower point than Vista.

▲
 ▲ ▲

04-06-2013, 04:56 AM #19
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

And Windows Blue(Win9) is gonna stick to metro! I wish bill gates get back as the CEO :/
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

04-06-2013, 04:59 AM #20
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(04-06-2013, 04:56 AM)Hell Guardian Wrote:  And Windows Blue(Win9) is gonna stick to metro! I wish bill gates get back as the CEO :/

Not Windows 9 no... It's going to be an upgrade (almost like a service pack) to Windows 8. Windows 9 will be entirely different.

▲
 ▲ ▲