Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Suggestion - Some extra forum sections

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05-31-2013, 02:25 PM #1
Miklo

Suggestion - Some extra forum sections
Hello guys! I have been following this forum for some time, and I recently started using vBNET! I am a vBulletin developer, and a retired MYBB developer.

I do a lot of mixed stuff online and I am a forum owner myself with arround 4000 to 5000 traffic daily.

What I wanted to suggest on here was that maybe a few extra sections or forums could be added! And as my experience have taught me, is that a forum takes MONTHS and YEARS to start working and going properly as it should and So its never too late or too early to add some extra forums and I will be more than happy to give a hand if any help was needed!

I am a very busy person, because I already moderate from 5 to 8 other forums, but I would love to come here as a regular member and see if I could do or give some support.

This forum has thaught me a lot and I am sure that there are many other great stuff that we in this forum are good at than we already are..

I am hoping to see a few extra forums added for our members and for the future of this forum!

Kindly Regards Miklo

05-31-2013, 06:39 PM #2
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: Suggestion - Some extra forum sections
At this point in time we don't need any extra forums as most here aren't truly active anyways. The current forums are the ones we're currently working on though, as it's much better to stick with less forums and expand with the activity, and not expand (in order) to get activity... The way it's structured now however, there's no need for any more forums because the current forums are generalized. As the forum grows the plan was to branch these off.

What would be added for more forums anyways? Most of the forums we have already cover most of what we can do. Anything too specific, and you would hardly find threads being posted in those forums.

We've got good content, but most just sign up to grab what they want in terms of a download and then leave.

cheers
This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 06:47 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

06-02-2013, 06:31 AM #3
Miklo

Thanks Ace, Since I am new so maybe you are right about how it is right now! I dont know much about the activity on here! But I must give you right about the "Getting and Leaving" part with new members! We have the same problem on our board, but we have a lot more in our forums that would make the members stay! For example they have to post twice to be able to see links or images! And in a way I def think people should start being more social! I am very glad that you and Kobe are the only ones I have seen very much active on here! Since I am moderating many other forums I have not much time over to check the other forums that I have favorited, like Tech.Reboot! I am still glad that this forum is a clean and well running board!

I guess I must give you guys credit for let the forum run as it does right now! And maybe if it was, then later try to upgrade it! And from my point of view you guys have a lot of Content that I have learned a lot from! I havent been much active because of I am so busy, else this is one of the forums that I might be visiting more.
This post was last modified: 06-02-2013, 06:32 AM by Miklo.

06-02-2013, 03:04 PM #4
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

Quote:We have the same problem on our board

So you know how it is then too lol Laugh.

Quote:For example they have to post twice to be able to see links or images!

We had post limits on downloads, but it only provoked spam. People were too lazy. We work hard on keeping this forum clean though and of quality content. My belief is that as long as we don't give up here and keep generating content, things will improve. It may not be noticeable now, but we're still on an incline for activity. The problem is keeping members. Our traffic is very high from Google though.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

06-03-2013, 01:44 PM #5
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

We've actually seen both good and bad come from limiting members, escpecailly when it comes to downloads.

We've had a few members admit they would never had stayed if they weren't required to post and actually browse the forum. We've also had members complain that we haven't spoon fed them and given them everything for free. To prevent bad vibes and misconceptions about the motives behind our download limit, we decided to remove it.

It's definitely a grey area that could be approached in a couple different ways. Thanks for your input Miklo.