• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

07-24-2013, 08:47 PM #11
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: Apple IOS 7?
(07-24-2013, 05:38 AM)Core Wrote:  
(06-12-2013, 05:05 PM)AceInfinity Wrote:  Another thing I thought of is that it would be interesting to see how many Apple fanboys "love" this new look--or some of the same people that have criticized the Windows 8 design style previously. It would be a good measurement of how many people were just bashing the Windows 8 look because it's Microsoft, and not that they actually just didn't like the look.
Uhh, no, it wouldn't. Most people who criticized the Modern UI did so based on the desktop experience. It's an entirely different thing to experience a mobile OS UI on a 4" touch device than on a 24" monitor using a keyboard and mouse. I love iOS 7, and I thought Modern UI was fine, just misplaced on a desktop OS. I've never used a touch device, be it a phone or a tablet, running Windows 8, so I can't comment on its usability there, but I would assume it to be just fine.

Frankly, I'm bewildered as to why even have an Apple forum on this site, when 4 out of 5 posts dump on Apple products, regurgitating the same things over and over.

Yes... But you're forgetting that the "desktop experience" by most unfair *voters* giving feedback on Windows 8, was all less about the OS's functionality, and at least 80-90% all the Metro look (not the way it "worked"). Before feedback even started, most people didn't even give Windows 8 a chance for familiarity before they made any feedback as a familiarized Windows 8 user. I've seen lots of feedback from people who are day users of Windows 8, but lots of the people who have been using it for a few months now, actually provide positive feedback.

Regardless I was only really talking about the look of Windows 8, not Windows 8 as a core operating system. Here's what I wrote:
Quote:It would be a good measurement of how many people were just bashing the Windows 8 look because it's Microsoft, and not that they actually just didn't like the look.

I think you misunderstood me.

cheers
This post was last modified: 07-24-2013, 08:50 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

07-25-2013, 08:34 AM #12
Nuno Brito
Team Reboot
Team Reboot

Well.. from my perspective the core of Windows 8 is quite fine. First time since Windows 2000/XP that a talented revision was made.

As for the metro on desktop, it is a shock. Basically reducing the productivity of people who would otherwise see Windows as a work machine, not as a tiled environment with no support for multiple program windows side by side as before.

There comes the bulk of complaints. In ubuntu I saw it happening even worse. The Unity interface failed to reach popularity on the first times of Ubuntu mobile. The thing failed and was then refurbished as the default desktop option. Now I can't even find the apps that I used to know for doing the most normal tasks.. :(
Want to help TLF? Place tech.reboot.pro on your signature around the web. Let's help TLF grow! :)

07-25-2013, 10:00 AM #13
Core

Yeah. Unity on Ubuntu was the best thing that ever happened to Linux Mint. The latter is still on top of the Distrowatch list, and it's largely thanks to Unity. Users bitched and moaned but Canonical knew best... Although the end of GNOME 2 wasn't their fault, guess they were trying to think ahead.

I loved GNOME 2... :(