View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Introducing: VIP Area

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

07-16-2014, 06:38 PM #1
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

Introducing: VIP Area
Here at TLF we've decided to reward our dedicated members with an area that has more privileges and also separate from the main forum.

Here are a few of the benefits that we've decided so far. More benefits will be added as suggested.
  • Non-indexed content (won't show up on search engines)
  • Ability to upload attachments
  • NSFW content allowed (using a NSFW tag)

The forum isn't to replace posting in the public area. It's simply there to give the dedicated members more freedom and added benefits. For example, if you have a program that you want to show off, but don't want leechers to download it and leave, you can post the original thread in the public forums, but link to a thread in the VIP area. That way only VIP members will have access to download it.

The VIP system is going to be ran and regulated by VIP members only. After the initial set of VIP members, new membership will be voted on by the existing VIP members.

If you have any suggestions or feedback, please reply to this thread or send me a PM!

07-16-2014, 06:50 PM #2
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

RE: Introducing: VIP Area
Sounds like a good idea to me (even though I might not be part of it (initially?)) - especially preventing your stuff from getting leeched is a nice feature if you're looking for testers or feedback on code you don't want to share with the whole world (yet).
Visit me at mazzn.net & blog.mazzn.net!
//This is very important :)

Self.KeepImproving(true);

07-16-2014, 08:16 PM #3
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

You are actually in the initial group. You've made quite an impression in just a few posts. I wish we could gain a few more members like you!

In regards to the VIP area, we'll need you guys to make sure everything is working properly. You'll receive more information in the VIP area.

07-21-2014, 10:48 PM #4
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

I think its a great idea that will only get better with more active members, however i think there should be some kind of fee hence (VIP) .

Anyway so it doesn't get cluttered i think it should have 1-3 sub section.

-Graphics and Programming materials and showcases
-Giveaways and freebies
-General

just some thoughts :)
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

07-22-2014, 09:46 AM #5
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

As far as a fee, the members that are allowed in have already paid for it by contributing to TLF. At this point, we don't see any reason to charge money. We don't do host TLF to make money.

As far as a showcase, we still want people to use the main forum to post graphics and programming material. The VIP area should be used to hide download links, if members wish to do so.

Other than that, the sub-forums are totally up to the VIP members. I personally don't think there will be enough content to justify very many sub-forums for a while. We'll see as time passes though.
This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 09:46 AM by KoBE.

07-27-2014, 05:45 AM #6
Lee Stevens

Thanks KoBE (and Ace), much appreciated to no i'm valued here :) although i don't post a lot! I don't have much to offer you guys your all more advanced than me :(