Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
WP_Filebase plugin breaks after migrating Wordpress

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

09-28-2014, 11:26 AM #1
Holmes.Sherlock

Question  WP_Filebase plugin breaks after migrating Wordpress
Finally I have purchased a domain and sufficient web-space to move my Wordpress blog. I used Duplicator to mirror it to my new server. The movement was not seamless, out-of the-box. Many a problems crept in which I am still fighting to solve. The most annoying is the malfunction of WP-Filebase plugin. It's a file manager which I have used in attachments extensively. It provides different templates to show file-list/file-tree/download button/image etc. I like the default one and used it all around. Surprisingly, the default-template got broken *somehow* during migration. What "broken" really means is apparent from the images below,

Ideally it should look like this

But, now it looks like this

I tried verifying the CSS generated by comparing the same from a local Wordpress installation. It looks to be the same. Also, I have verified output from an online CSS designer. I am clueless. Many people are out here knowledgeable enough in web development. Can anybody please help me in resolving the issue?

09-28-2014, 12:39 PM #2
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: WP_Filebase plugin breaks after migrating Wordpress
Are you sure it is verified that the CSS is correct in all locations? It doesn't look like the font changed at all. Additionally, did you make sure to clear the cache from your browser? Some of the images may be in the wrong location too, have you opened up an inspector through chrome or firefox for instance to validate that the image filepaths are valid?

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

09-28-2014, 03:04 PM #3
Holmes.Sherlock

Hi Ace,

Nice talking to my old friend after a long time. I don't know really what happened. I tried by debugging through debug terminal (F12) of Chrome. The sizes of 'div' elements were much different. Suddenly an wild idea of replacing the CSS template occurred to me. Voila! It did the trick. Still I am clueless why the problem even occurred at the first place. Had it been any encoding related problem (UTF8 and Latin1) which I am facing in the migration of MySQL (that's why you can see weird characters all around my blog), it should have happened to other plugins, too. Nah...it's something different...and I won't be fully satisfied until I dig the problem down to its root.

09-28-2014, 05:03 PM #4
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

Hi Holmes, good to hear that you got things fixed at the least. I'm not experienced with wordpress, but maybe the CSS was neglected from the migration initially?

That encoding issue looks like a fun task however lol :) Looks like a nice blog aside from those misplaced "Â"s... Do you have PhpMyAdmin installed on the filesystem? You should be able to fix it in there or your cpanel if you have access to the database configuration from there AFAIK.

cheers
This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 05:06 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

09-28-2014, 10:01 PM #5
Holmes.Sherlock

Yes, I have PhpMyAdmin installed. What I read on Internet that it needs some offline processing/sanitization of the data and building a new database.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:05 PM by Holmes.Sherlock.