Member Updates

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-05-2015, 10:05 PM #1
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

Member Updates
Hey everyone!!

First off: How the heck has everyone been? I'd like to use this thread for anyone and everyone to update with how they have been/what's been going on in their life.

I'll start. So, I finished up my Bachelor's degree back in May and have been working full time for a data processing company as a developer since June. It's been a blast so far and couldn't be happier with the company. I've also just recently accepted a job working for a company remotely as well. So, two full time jobs that I'm juggling right now. It's not crazy bad, because I am able to work both jobs almost at my leisure. So far I've been able to manage the work load for both. I'm going on week 4 of working both and so far it has been good.

I still get on TLF every now and then, but like others, I too don't have much new content to generate. Since I've been switching to more of a managed schedule I would really like to start checking in here at TLF more often. At one point TLF was a top notch community and I think we can get back there. I'll see what I can do to make it happen. I'll be spending some time fixing the few cosmetic issues we have here. Any TLF regular that has been here for a while can sure help. I'll assign mod to anyone with the time to help thwart spam until we are able to get the registration issues fully looked at.

Any who, I'd love to hear from anyone in regards to where they've been and what they've been up to.

10-06-2015, 04:40 AM #2
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

RE: Member Updates
Hey KoBE!

Whoa, that sounds pretty impressive. I have a hard time juggling just one full time job and my friends...

Not much has changed on my end, same job, same location, except that the workload we have to deal with got a lot higher at times. People seem to go crazy lately whenever something related to computers turns up, and right now it's even worse than usual. I'm currently going through my last year as IT Professional apprentice/trainee/slave.

Usually I get home, chat or skype with my girlfriend for a little and go to bed, not much time and energy left for projects or anything at all. I'm still checking TLF in when there's some spare time at work (like now), just not contributing much...

Glad to hear you're looking into getting back here and working on issues! I will try to be more active and produce some content myself - if I can - so the community may grow again :)
Visit me at mazzn.net & blog.mazzn.net!
//This is very important :)

Self.KeepImproving(true);

10-06-2015, 01:02 PM #3
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

Sounds intense on your side as well. Any plans after your last year of being a slave? :P What kind of jobs are you looking for?

10-06-2015, 01:29 PM #4
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

Plans are currently being made, but the big goal is to move in with my girlfriend ;) Job wise I'll stay in IT, preferably as a programmer or administrator of pretty much any kind. Would like to get away from helpdesk and 1st level support for now.

I sometimes dream of having a modern internet café/esports bar. A place where nerdy people (like me!) can meet up, game, surf, and enjoy their drinks together, with TVs playing esports tournaments instead of boxing... Maybe one day! Until then, yeah, "normal" IT work.
Visit me at mazzn.net & blog.mazzn.net!
//This is very important :)

Self.KeepImproving(true);

10-06-2015, 09:19 PM #5
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

A nerd bar does sound pretty sweet. That's a pretty interesting idea. I've thought about opening a bar numerous times, but they are every where here. A unique idea like that could be something that separates the place! And there would be people like us!

10-14-2015, 02:55 AM #6
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

Hey guys, you just finished bachelor degree? how old are you KoBE I always remember you being older than me.
Life has been very pumpy with me lately, I honestly don't know what to do when it comes to many things and I don't know how to proceed with my life from this point, I'm waiting for a light I can find, but life is still good ^_^

What are you little nerdy freaks up to when it comes to personal projects? are we ready to build skynet yet? please? :v
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

10-14-2015, 11:40 PM #7
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

I'm 27. I spent 4 years in the military, so that delayed my college plans for a while. That's why I graduated so late.

I haven't really been doing ANY personal stuff. Work has been keeping me plenty busy. A lot of the side stuff I program is to make life easier at work. Like, turning a process that took 20 steps into one where I can click a button and drink coffee while it works.

10-15-2015, 01:06 AM #8
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

"A lot of the side stuff I program is to make life easier at work. Like, turning a process that took 20 steps into one where I can click a button and drink coffee while it works." Yup same here haha, goodluck with your work KoBE you have always been one of TLF brightest minds.

10-15-2015, 01:07 AM #9
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

(10-15-2015, 01:06 AM)Hell Guardian Wrote:  you have always been one of TLF brightest minds.

Or one of TLF's best con-artists.. by making people think that.  Smoker
This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 01:08 AM by KoBE.

10-15-2015, 01:37 AM #10
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

No not really I remember when I kept bugging you to make a video about async sockets for my "super haxor RAT" years ago and you actually made the video, you have always been bright and super nice :v