View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Member Updates

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-15-2015, 03:11 AM #11
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

RE: Member Updates
I've finally entered the realms of databases. Messed with them before in private or side projects, but currently I'm away from help desk and writing VBA in MS Access instead. And I love it! Sadly I'll only do this for one or two more weeks.

Working in a hospital, this software will be used to organize treatment files which will be scanned in order to be accessible using our virtual filing cabinet system. (There's probably a proper expression for that of which I'm not aware)

Personal projects? As I mentioned, very little time for that. Set up a blog for a friend and reworked my website over the last month or so. That's it I guess - no Skynet on my end yet. Sorry!

Other than that I usually write small batch scripts at work, mostly to semi-automate things like organizing files or batch converting stuff. Another one I wrote merged multiple Excel files into one table. One of the few actual programs I wrote for myself at work was one that extracted our Novell software packages, so I could run already licensed software on my Laptop which doesn't have anything Novell on it. Don't want to know what my boss would've said if he knew :P
Visit me at mazzn.net & blog.mazzn.net!
//This is very important :)

Self.KeepImproving(true);

10-15-2015, 06:14 AM #12
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

I would love to check your website! do you mind sharing the link? ^^
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

10-15-2015, 07:10 AM #13
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

Not that much to it yet, just the bare bones site with no real content. But it's http://mazzn.net :)

PS: "Coding section" link doesn't work because there's nothing there yet anyway :P
This post was last modified: 10-15-2015, 07:10 AM by Mazzn.

10-15-2015, 09:36 AM #14
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

At least you were able to snatch a domain with your name I will give you that :V
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

10-17-2015, 02:44 PM #15
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

Not bad :) SSL is another thing you could experiment with, although it's not really needed unless you want to are receiving/sending secure data over the network.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-19-2015, 03:30 AM #16
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

As it is now, I am using a hosting service offered by my domain registrar, and they do not offer anything like SSL/TLS encrypted connections to your site. I can use SSH tunnelled FTP, but that's it for security.

While I do have a virtual server I experiment a lot with it which would lead to regular outages on the site. Not good :)

And as it is now there's little to no secure data transferred.

10-21-2015, 12:00 PM #17
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Right now I'm working retail management, due to some personal issues, college hasn't happened yet. Work keeps me pretty busy, so other than that I haven't been doing a lot. I'd like to get back into coding and web development but I just haven't had the time :(

11-18-2015, 06:36 PM #18
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

My laptop died last week guys. Lol. So, I've been a bit out of sync with the world. I still have my work laptop but I've been trying to juggle two jobs and getting my new laptop set up. So, needless to say I've been quite busy... again.

Just updating you all! As for what happened, my dog bumped the folding table that I had my computer on. It in turned knocked over the full beer that was sitting next to my laptop, onto my keyboard. I immediately pulled the battery and power but it was too late. The laptop now acts SUPER funny and the mouse can't determine if it wants to right click or left click. Even with a usb mouse it doesn't know what it wants to do. My screen would only work half the time.. etc. Since it was taking longer to diagnose what it was doing instead of allowing me to get work done.. I decided it needed to go to laptop heaven. I'll probably save the hard drive and maybe the ram sticks if I find something that will seat them.

11-19-2015, 08:10 AM #19
Mazzn
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Administrators

Aww crap.. That sounds horrible! You either need a waterproof laptop or a proper table.
Or your dog needs to attend "How to not destroy things 101 for dummies dogs"

RIP laptop, you shall be missed. Always sad to see good hardware go :(

11-20-2015, 07:02 PM #20
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

Yeah, a proper table would be nice. I need a better set up for sure. I'm working of a small desk and two mini tables for 2 laptops, a monitor and an xbox one.