View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
Is Reddit Killing Forums Like TLF?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-21-2015, 12:09 PM #1
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Is Reddit Killing Forums Like TLF?
I almost feel like reddit is taking over in the online forum ecosystem. I know I'm guilty of spending 99% of my time on reddit as opposed to several different forums like I used to.... (Sorry, TLF :(   )

What do you guys think?

10-21-2015, 06:11 PM #2
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

RE: Is Reddit Killing Forums Like TLF?
I still haven't gotten into Reddit. Not sure how to use it and simply never had a desire to. Perhaps I'm missing out, but I've never been in the reddit craze. It reminds me of 4chan, just more moderated maybe? Not sure.

I personally think Q&A sites are what have replaced forums. Forums used to be (and still are) communities of like minded people. A lot of times more in depth than simple answers to questions. There are tutorials, showcases, off topic stuff, etc... Q&A's have become really popular because of the speed at which you can get an answer. Look at StackOverflow.. the amount of information on that site is crazy because of the volume of people that are in need of a quick answers in a one-stop shop type of platform.

10-21-2015, 07:54 PM #3
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Reddit is basically a more moderated and mature (for some "subreddits" version of 4chan.

10-22-2015, 01:24 AM #4
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

Welcome back amigo,

In so many ways Reddit is 4chan, they still have the subreddit for beautiful female corpses don't they? *eyeroll*

it's mostly unreliable when it comes to stories or news, if what you're looking is a quick time waster when you're on the train or in a line then reddit is always my go to place, but for other stuff reddit is extremely weak.

Front page of the internet my a**, with the new algorithms its more like the back page.
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer