Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts  |  View Today's Posts
OSX Lion

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

07-27-2011, 11:22 AM #1
MisterK

OSX Lion
Hello guys.
Finally I'm back from Turkey and Saudi (I only had my iPhone with me and posting on techlifeforum wouldn't be as easy as on a comp as there is no mobile version :s) and installed OSX Lion on my computer and I find Lion much more responsive than SL. Lion has many new features which comes handy sometimes for example Mission Control (mix between spaces and expose) Some people find Mission Control useless. Well i would like to know your opinion as for some Mac users out there think that Lion is the Vista for mac :s

07-27-2011, 11:52 AM #2
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: OSX Lion
lol, welcome back :) Vista isn't actually as bad as it's portrayed, it's actually not that far behind Windows 7 in benchmark tests.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

07-27-2011, 12:46 PM #3
MisterK

Thanks Ace. And yeah it is true Vista wasn't that bad but the upgrade to 7 was great compared to xp to vista upgrade. Personally I didn't have great bugs on Vista, I even had some apps that ran smoother on vista than on 7 ^^.

02-04-2012, 12:26 AM #4
Core

In my view, Vista had a lot of great new features, such as a properly integrated Windows Search (as opposed to the separate downloadable program that they had for XP which bogged down the system), but it suffered from some performance bugs. The only real reason for its bad rep came from the fact that they rushed the release out. Had they taken an extra year to polish it, and also had a public beta for it like they had for 7, I really think the user experience, and subsequent reviews, would have been much more positive.

Lion is nothing like Vista. Well, not for me anyway, but... I wonder if this is because I am using Lion on hardware which came with Lion pre-installed, as opposed to downloading Lion from the App Store and upgrading from Snow Leopard on "older" hardware.

02-04-2012, 12:38 AM #5
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

Quote:The only real reason for its bad rep came from the fact that they rushed the release out

Perfectly said, that's the only reason why I dislike vista. I've noticed they didn't even put in a Video link into the start menu until an option for it came out in Windows 7. Stuff that simple, has to be for the reason that it was rushed. Windows 7 is like an improved and added on version of exactly Vista, but with better performance. Otherwise Vista, wasn't all that bad to be honest. Benchmark tests can prove it, the only thing is, some functions don't really go well hand in hand on Vista, and the system hangs a bit, but i've never had severe issues with it. I'm on Windows 7 now though and I absolutely love it. I don't even think I'd go with Windows 8 over 7, because Windows 8 will force me to adjust to an atmosphere of computing that seems like an enlarged iPhone, and that will indefinitely slow me down for my regular computer use, as well as development time.

They give MVP's sufficient opportunity to help with suggestions and all that as you can imagine, so maybe I focus some of my time into helping that out to make sure that the next generation of Windows is even a tad bit better for everyone else and including myself.

I think the support is there, but not really a great opportunity for collaboration of ideas.

I'm not a Mac guy at all though. I've got a Macbook Pro, and I run a Windows parallel desktop on it, but that's about it. I do very little on the Mac itself.

▲
 ▲ ▲

02-18-2012, 10:19 AM #6
Core

I only just heard that Mountain Lion is coming out this summer. I am really looking forward to it.

04-14-2012, 07:47 AM #7
Core

(04-14-2012, 07:19 AM)masky666 Wrote:  Minimum requirements to download projects equals to spam.
What?

04-14-2012, 04:52 PM #8
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(04-14-2012, 07:47 AM)Core Wrote:  
(04-14-2012, 07:19 AM)masky666 Wrote:  Minimum requirements to download projects equals to spam.
What?

Just some spammer wanting a download. I'm going to prove him wrong though, people like him won't be getting any downloads and I can promise that.

▲
 ▲ ▲