General Board Rules [Please Read]

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average

06-17-2011, 10:39 PM #31
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

RE: General Board Rules [Please Read]
It's not an off topic post, If any members have comments about the rules it's completely fine :)

Just PM an Administrator, or a Staff member and they will discuss it with other staff/admin to decide on if a group is well enough to become official. I'm going to make a thread with a few requirements before members may request an official group though.

I did this to avoid any spam groups in that area of the forum, so we only have the official groups in there. I needed to make the area though since KoBE added a new programmers group to the forum. We needed an application area for them and as well as a place for any newer groups on the forum.

Thanks for confirming that, I have to add that "Private message" part to my original post, and i'm going to add a link under Rule #15 soon directing users to the guidelines thread for asking for a new group.
This post was last modified: 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

06-17-2011, 11:02 PM #32
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Alright, sweet.

250 posts :DDD

06-23-2011, 07:18 PM #33
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

Updated the rules: June 23, 2011

16. We now have an implemented set of word filters, if you attempt to bypass any of the word filters in any way to make sure that a word is put into public display you'll receive a warning.
  • Word filters have been set to keep this a decent and professional forum for others. Attempt to trick the forum filter into displaying a filtered word or any alias of it will result in a temporary warning. Multiple warnings may be given for repeat offenders. All warnings on this level are worth 3 points for 3 days.

Might be new, but words such as the ones i've filtered out are definitely necessary in any post to get a point across, whether you use them often or not regardless of your emotion.
This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 07:19 PM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

07-12-2011, 12:02 PM #34
Predator
Staff
Moderators

Asking for rep is against the rules , but are things like "+rep is appreciated" against the rules? I did not see anything about that. If so, go ahead and give me +10% lol

07-14-2011, 02:22 PM #35
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(07-12-2011, 12:02 PM)PredatorFtFw Wrote:  Asking for rep is against the rules , but are things like "+rep is appreciated" against the rules? I did not see anything about that. If so, go ahead and give me +10% lol

In honesty, I don't think that's asking, that's more of a statement that people enjoy rep (but only where it's earned). I'd be okay with something like "rep is appreciated if you've found my post helpful" because it will instigate the motivation to make higher quality posts in an effort to actually help the person, to get your rep, rather than just asking for it "just because"

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-18-2011, 01:15 PM #36
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

New Rule being added:

- No impersonating staff, admin, or any other member on the forum. Doing so will result in an immediate ban.

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-19-2011, 02:03 AM #37
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

(08-18-2011, 01:15 PM)Ace Wrote:  New Rule being added:

- No impersonating staff, admin, or any other member on the forum. Doing so will result in an immediate ban.

It's sad that this can't go without saying. That should be pretty obvious. Then again, I could say the same for all the rules. But as a wise man once said (well okay it was a comedian but it's still pretty true >.>)

"You can't find a single microwave dinner without a warning label on it saying "Caution. Will be hot." Go on, I dare you to find one. You know why? Because without that label on it, some idiot is going to pull it out of the microwave, stuff his face right away, and wonder why his mouth is burning."

It can be related to simple rules too. With slight modification:

"You can't find a single forum without a huge rule list. You know why? Because without that rule list, some idiot is going to go around impersonating, spamming, and wrecking the place, then wonder why he got banned."

Some people I just look at and think "please don't breed." Glare
This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 02:04 AM by Ghoster.

08-19-2011, 07:54 AM #38
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(08-19-2011, 02:03 AM)Ghoster Wrote:  
(08-18-2011, 01:15 PM)Ace Wrote:  New Rule being added:

It's sad that this can't go without saying. That should be pretty obvious. Then again, I could say the same for all the rules. But as a wise man once said (well okay it was a comedian but it's still pretty true >.>)

"You can't find a single microwave dinner without a warning label on it saying "Caution. Will be hot." Go on, I dare you to find one. You know why? Because without that label on it, some idiot is going to pull it out of the microwave, stuff his face right away, and wonder why his mouth is burning."

It can be related to simple rules too. With slight modification:

"You can't find a single forum without a huge rule list. You know why? Because without that rule list, some idiot is going to go around impersonating, spamming, and wrecking the place, then wonder why he got banned."

Some people I just look at and think "please don't breed." Glare

lol definitely true, there was actually someone on the news for a lady that went to Tim Hortons and burned herself with the coffee she ordered. Later she sued the company because they did not put that cardboard coffee slip around it, causing her to drop it out of her hand because it was too hot.

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-19-2011, 08:19 AM #39
Nuno Brito
Team Reboot
Team Reboot

Quote:Some people I just look at and think "please don't breed."
eheh..
Want to help TLF? Place tech.reboot.pro on your signature around the web. Let's help TLF grow! :)

08-19-2011, 01:37 PM #40
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

(08-19-2011, 07:54 AM)Ace Wrote:  lol definitely true, there was actually someone on the news for a lady that went to Tim Hortons and burned herself with the coffee she ordered. Later she sued the company because they did not put that cardboard coffee slip around it, causing her to drop it out of her hand because it was too hot.

._.