08-26-2011, 05:27 PM #1
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

BSOD Crew Recruitment Thread
Group Name: BSOD Crew

General Information

The BSOD Crew is a group of Blue Screen of Death analyzers that are trained to deal with dump files and get to the source of a computer crash by pinpointing any issues the computer had experienced at runtime or on boot.
  • Group Image:

• Group Mission: To explore and help out with BSOD analysis in it's most detailed form.

• Membership Requirements:
    • 10 post requirement
    • Not lazy - This group can't tolerate procrastination
    • Willing to be supportive and help others
    • Willing to learn

Universal Application Format: * - Indicates (Optional) and is not required.
Code:
[color=#004b91][b]Username:[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]*Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]Experience for group:[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]Years of dealing with computers:[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]Have you used any BSOD debugging tools before?[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]Are you a patient and methodical computer user?[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group?[/b][/color]
[color=#004b91][b]*Anything Else?[/b][/color]

User Memberlist:
Group FAQ:
  • Will I gain knowledge on how to analyze my own minidump BSOD files? Yes, you will gain that knowledge by helping others out.
  • Will I learn about tools that will help with BSOD minidump analysis? Yes, I will provide you with a link to download a list of Windows debugger tools that will help you open and see the minidump contents.
  • Can I redistribute the TLF System Diagnostic Tool elsewhere? No, I've provided that tool exclusively for our forum, and if I see that it's being redistributed elsewhere I will either remove you from the group, administer a ban, or a warning. The terms of use for my application have to be acknowledged.

Other Notes: Ask any questions or provide any concerns within this thread if you need information about the group. Anything outside of the group discussion and application's will be removed from this thread.

Update: System Diagnostic Tool now called "W7DiagTool" because it only works with a Windows 7 system. Updates and improvements to the program have been made too.

Attached Files
.zip   W7 Diag Tool.zip (Size: 162.6 KB / Downloads: 7)
This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM by AceInfinity.

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-26-2011, 07:34 PM #2
ImOnABoat
Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best
BSOD Crew

RE: BSOD Crew Recruitment Thread [Status - Open]
Username: ImOnABoat
Experience for group: Used computers for MANY years and have debuged a couple blue screens on my own computer + friends computer :D
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? A ready to learn personality!
Anything Else? LIKE A BOSS

08-26-2011, 09:19 PM #3
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

I'll accept you into the group, all I can take is people's word from their applications. But you've still got a bit to learn :)

*From this point on I'm going to change the original application form and add a couple things to it that I forgot.

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-26-2011, 09:38 PM #4
ImOnABoat
Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best
BSOD Crew

i've got millions of things to learn lol

08-26-2011, 09:44 PM #5
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

If you want to get a head start you can take a look here: http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?...21#pid7021

Download the minidump file located here: http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?...20#pid7020

And you might want to download a tool called WinDbg.exe. It's in the Windows Debugging tools located at Microsoft's main website.

The symbols location:
Code:
SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-26-2011, 09:53 PM #6
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

So. Before I make an application, could I be permitted to join this group for learning purposes? I don't have any experience please note, but I'm always for learning something new.

08-26-2011, 10:41 PM #7
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(08-26-2011, 09:53 PM)Ghoster Wrote:  So. Before I make an application, could I be permitted to join this group for learning purposes? I don't have any experience please note, but I'm always for learning something new.

If you're willing to make an attempt to help others out while you're in the group then sure, otherwise you can stand back and observe as a learning method and that might be better for you if you just want to do the learning half.

Note: Others in the group will help you out if you ever attempt to help someone out with a BSOD, but the #1 rule in this group. "If you don't know, ask". We want to make sure that we aren't suggesting anything that could be more damaging to the system.
This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 10:43 PM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

08-27-2011, 01:08 AM #8
Ghoster
٩(◕▽◕)۶

Ehh... I think I may just watch. Do a bit of research along side. It's not a huge priority to me, but I'm curious.

(300th postPirate)

08-27-2011, 05:12 PM #9
Sam Baker
I LOVE TLF!!!
BSOD Crew

You made 2 groups and activated them instantly, Me and other members made a group and you never accepted it even that it was your idea in the first place -.-
Also you said that Groups will NOT have it's unique color and you broke that too -.-
Now i am become death,The destroyer of worlds ~oppenheimer

08-27-2011, 07:04 PM #10
KoBE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Global Moderators

(08-27-2011, 05:12 PM)Hell Guardian Wrote:  You made 2 groups and activated them instantly, Me and other members made a group and you never accepted it even that it was your idea in the first place -.-
Also you said that Groups will NOT have it's unique color and you broke that too -.-

Perks of being an admin...

Your group has had no activity at all. I told you I would activate your group if you would make ONE hq gaming thread... and you never did it. It comes down to dedication. Ace is one of the most dedicated members on here, so obviously by making a group he is going to put effort into it. You get warned for a few posts and you curl up into a shell and quit posting because you think you are being picked on. So obviously we can't have a leader of a group that: (1) doesn't follow simple rules, and (2) doesn't even participate in the success of their own group.
This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM by KoBE.