[Closed] BSOD Crew Recruitment Thread

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

09-06-2011, 08:28 PM #21
Predator
Staff
Moderators

RE: BSOD Crew Recruitment Thread [Status - Open]
Wooo :)

Offtopic: by the way our teacher is teaching us css and i think xml?
This post was last modified: 09-06-2011, 08:28 PM by Predator.

09-06-2011, 09:47 PM #22
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators
Posts: 9,733 Threads:1,026 Joined: Jun 2011 Reputation: 76

That is off topic lol.

Notice: Alright for everyone in the group. I've just about gathered enough minidump files to post up as practice review logs. I will eventually (Today for sure) have up which tools you will need, and which tools will help. Along with a description of some commands, and some walkthroughs if I can get to them.

Be prepared for some huge reads...

Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

Development Site: aceinfinity.net

▲
 ▲ ▲

09-07-2011, 08:27 AM #23
Elmer BeFuddled

(09-05-2011, 03:10 PM)Ace Wrote:  I just noticed we have a knowledgable member with BSOD minidumps who joined the forum. Elmer BeFuddled is from W7Forums, and has been a helpful guy in analysing minidumps there.

Mentioned in despatches! Fame at last! I'll put myself forward, although my post count is against me at the moment being a measly four (Doh!! now five).
Username: Elmer BeFuddled
Experience for group: Spent the last eighteen months with WinDebug tools, only being brave enough to post a reply after six months of following BSOD threads.
Years of dealing with computers: Ten plus, Last five to six years digging under the hood, so to speak.
Have you used any BSOD debugging tools before? Yup!
Are you a patient and methodical computer user? Yes
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? BSOD experience. Like to help people experiencing problems. A sense of humour.
*Anything Else? My dog's got fleas!

Nice tool by the way, Ace.

09-07-2011, 08:47 AM #24
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(09-07-2011, 08:27 AM)Elmer BeFuddled Wrote:  
(09-05-2011, 03:10 PM)Ace Wrote:  I just noticed we have a knowledgable member with BSOD minidumps who joined the forum. Elmer BeFuddled is from W7Forums, and has been a helpful guy in analysing minidumps there.

Mentioned in despatches! Fame at last! I'll put myself forward, although my post count is against me at the moment being a measly four (Doh!! now five).
Username: Elmer BeFuddled
Experience for group: Spent the last eighteen months with WinDebug tools, only being brave enough to post a reply after six months of following BSOD threads.
Years of dealing with computers: Ten plus, Last five to six years digging under the hood, so to speak.
Have you used any BSOD debugging tools before? Yup!
Are you a patient and methodical computer user? Yes
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? BSOD experience. Like to help people experiencing problems. A sense of humour.
*Anything Else? My dog's got fleas!

Nice tool by the way, Ace.

Only downside with the tool is that it requires .NET framework 4, but other than that, it would be easy to install to run my app.

That 50 post requirement might be a little steep at first for how small the forum is currently. It's been working up until now though. What you can do is help out with the group if you want (I'll consider you an official member of the group), but I can't give you the userbar until you reach 50 posts here if you decide to stick around for a while on the forum.

With or without the userbar, there's no rule that says you can't help people with BSOD's and you'd still be a useful member to have around on the team :)

Note: ** I have to update the memberlist in the first post too. I forgot about doing that.
This post was last modified: 09-07-2011, 08:48 AM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

09-07-2011, 11:32 AM #25
Elmer BeFuddled

No Problem, I'll be around.

Have you or are you going to set up a specific forum for people with crash issues?

(I install .NEt as a default when setting up. So much easier than when you want to run something quick but it demands Net 4!)

09-07-2011, 11:39 AM #26
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

(09-07-2011, 11:32 AM)Elmer BeFuddled Wrote:  No Problem, I'll be around.

Have you or are you going to set up a specific forum for people with crash issues?

(I install .NEt as a default when setting up. So much easier than when you want to run something quick but it demands Net 4!)

Probably in the future, when we get a decent amount of threads, i'll create a forum and move all of the applicable threads to the new area, but I thought it would be better to wait until at least a few accumulate. The windows section by itself would be pretty big if it was never split up, so as we get more content the idea was to split it up a bit, but it's better to do when you have more content. I've seen forums that have all the section's laid out, but it looks silly when each section has 1 or 5 threads each

This post was last modified: 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM by AceInfinity.

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-18-2011, 06:08 AM #27
Digital-Punk
Computer Enthusiast
BSOD Crew

Username: Digital-Punk
Experience for group: I know the Windows OS pretty well, I am very familar with Linux. I have been on a long journey to learn how to fix computers and this would definetly benefit me.
Years of dealing with computers: I have owned many computers, about 13 years, 5 of the years fixing what I can for many people.
Have you used any BSOD debugging tools before? Just started so yes, Windbg.
Are you a patient and methodical computer user? Yes I would consider myself patient with computers and people. I do use alot methods for the practice that I have useful in fixing computer problems so yes very methodical.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? My dedication and activism and desire/love to learn new things.
*Anything Else? Both Thumbs Up
This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM by Digital-Punk.
~ Digital-Punk

10-18-2011, 07:28 AM #28
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

You're in the group, you're pretty dedicated, and it's not quite a serious group just yet, not many people submitting BSOD logs to analyze here yet :) Mainly just as an educational group as of now

▲
 ▲ ▲

10-18-2011, 07:36 AM #29
Digital-Punk
Computer Enthusiast
BSOD Crew

(10-18-2011, 07:28 AM)Ace Wrote:  You're in the group, you're pretty dedicated, and it's not quite a serious group just yet, not many people submitting BSOD logs to analyze here yet :) Mainly just as an educational group as of now

Thanks for the acceptance, Well until we get serious I will be studying crashdumps to get the full gist of BSOD. And when I get the hang of it, which I will I will be helping others and making some Tut's. Thanks again.
~ Digital-Punk

10-18-2011, 07:40 AM #30
AceInfinity
Developer
Administrators

I need to find time to write another tutorial for something towards the BSOD crew sometime too

▲
 ▲ ▲